Followers

Saturday 7 November 2015

Snowflake Angel by Sylvia


Hello peeps,

Today I would like to share a little keepsake piece that I've created on
a tiny little canvas (10x15 cm) with the gorgeous image

I started to gesso the little canvas with white gesso.
This is important, because I will add watercolor to it, 
so it stays on it's place.
Than I added a bit of salt on the wet watercolors.
The salt will take care for the watercolors, it will soak the colors.
You create a great effect with this, it almost looks like little snowflakes!

Than I used a stencil and modeling paste to create 
the shapes on the canvas.
Let it dry. I prefer air drying.
Than I added some metallic shimmer aqrylic paints for the shimmer.
That gives the effect of a icy undertone.

I cutted the image and adhered it with foamtape on the 
canvas to create depth.
Some little icy gemstones, and it's all done!

I had a lot of fun making this tiny canvas.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will see you next time!

Big hugs, 
Sylvia
-xxx-